HAMID BANOONI, M.D.
- Hamid Banooni, M.D. has been in practice for over 25 years and is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has been affiliated with William Beaumont Hospital and The Berry Surgical Center for more than 25 years. He graduated from Wayne State University in 1988 and completed his residency at Sinai Hospital of Detroit in 1992. His Special interests include minimally invasive surgery, including out-patient hysterectomies and female urologic and pelvic relaxation problems.
- Dr. Banooni also has more than 10 years experience in aesthetic medicine. He is certified in both Botox and filler facial treatments.
- He is fluent in Farsi and Hebrew.
- He has been elected multiple times by his peers as a TOP DOC and as a Best Doctor in America. His patients elected him as a Most Compassionate Doctor.
- In his free time, he plays squash, spends time outdoors or “hangs out” with his 3 boys and his partner in life and work, Dr. Charfoos.
STEPHANIE BREINING N.P.
- Stephanie Breining, N.P. is a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. She completed her Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from The University of Michigan and her Masters of Science in Nursing from Wayne State University. She is board certified as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner through the National Certification Corporation (NCC). She has worked in women's health for the last 10 years. Her special interests include family planning, infertility, and preventative care/education for women across their life span.
- She is married with 2 daughters.
NEIL A. BRICKMAN, M.D.
- Neil Brickman, M.D. has been in practice since 1997. He is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He graduated from Wayne State University School of Medicine in 1993 and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Oakwood Hospital in 1997. He is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak and The Berry Surgical Center. He has been delivering babies for over 20 years including high risk pregnancies. He takes care of women throughout their life span, from the teen years through menopause. His interests include in-office procedures, including endometrial ablations. He is a accomplished laparoscopic surgeon. When Dr. Brickman is not in the office he is spending time with his wife, 3 daughters and 3 “furry” babies.
DEBORAH A. CHARFOOS, M.D.
- Deborah Charfoos, M.D. has been in practice since 1993 when she completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sinai Hospital of Detroit. She graduated from Wayne State University School of Medicine in 1989 and prior to that from The University of Michigan with a B.S. in Psychology. She has also been chosen as a Top Doc more than once by her peers.
- Dr. Charfoos is an expert Davinci Robotic Surgeon, performing minimally invasive hysterectomies and other procedures.
- Her interests include menopausal treatment, including certification in Femtouch Laser rejuvination for vaginal atrophy and mild stress incontinence. She also treats many adolescents and helps to make their first gynecologic visit stress free.
- In her free time she enjoys quiet time at home with her 3 boys, 2 cats and her husband/partner, Dr. Banooni.
DAVINCI ROBOTIC SURGEON
ANDREA EISENBERG, M.D.
- Andrea Eisenberg, M.D. has been in practice for over 24 years and is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She graduated from Wayne State School of Medicine in 1989 and completed her residency at Sinai Hospital in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1993. She is affiliated with William Beaumont Hospital which now includes the ability to deliver at the Karmanos Natural Birth Center. Her special interests include minimally invasive surgery, infertility, adolescence and menopause. She is also certified in using FemTouch laser for vaginal atrophy and dryness, incontinence, and cosmetic uses. In her free time, she is a guest blogger on KevinMD as well as having her own blog www.secretlifeofobgyn.wordpress.com . In addition, she is an avid runner, having completed many marathons as well as coached runners through Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
SAKINA HAKIM, M.D.
- Sakina Hakim, M.D. has been in practice for over 20 years and is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She has been affiliated with Beaumont Hospital for 20 years and also performs surgery at The Berry Surgical Center. She completed her residency at Nassau County Medical Center and Sinai Grace Hospital in Obstetrics and Gynecology and graduated from Aga Khan University Medical College in 1992.
- She is fluent in Hindi, Urdu and some Arabic.
- Special interests include minimally invasive surgery, treatments of infertility and exercise and nutrition in women. She also manages all pregnancies and delivers in the Karmanos Natural Birthing Center at Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital. In her free time she is an avid exerciser. She is married with 2 sons.
RENEE HOROWITZ, M.D.
- Renee Horowitz, M.D., F.A.C.O.G., has been a board certified obstetrician and gynecologist for 33 years. She practices general obstetrics and gynecology with a special interest in menopausal medicine ,the issue of hormones and how it relates to women especially in relation to their sexual health.
- As an ardent advocate for women’s health, Dr. Horowitz has long felt that many in the medical field, while superb clinicians, do not have the interest or adequate time with their patients addressing and treating the sensitive issues of sexual dissatisfaction and sexual dysfunction. She has made it her goal to provide a place where women can feel safe discussing their private concerns related to their sex lives and provide medical solutions to ease or eliminate their problems.
- She has been featured in Good Housekeeping, along with Hour Detroit, Detroit FreePress, My Magazine as well as being a frequent contributor on Fox 2 News.
- A Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a member of the American Medical Association, the American Medical Women’s Association, the International Society of Sexual Medicine and the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, Dr. Horowitz is affiliated with the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak.
HAROLD R. LEACH, M.D.
- Harold Leach, M.D. has been in practice since 1978. He has been Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology since 1980. He graduated from Wayne State University School of Medicine in 1974. He then completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sinai Hospital of Detroit in 1978.
- Dr. Leach is one of the physicians whom started what is now Michigan Womens Health. He currently practices gynecology using his years of wisdom and expertise to treat women throughout their entire lives. His gentle and caring nature makes him a favorite physician.
ESTHER ZEKMAN, D.O.
- Esther Zekman, DO, FACOOG has been in practice since 2006. She graduated from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in 2002, and did her residency at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland in Pontiac. She served as chief resident her senior year. She received her BS in Biology and minor in Neurosciences from Colorado State University in 1997.
- Dr. Zekman is an expert minimally invasive surgeon, and is a trained DaVinci Robotic Surgeon.
- She provides complete obstetric and gynecologic care, and enjoys taking care of women in all stages of life. As an osteopathic physician, Dr. Zekman has a holistic approach to treating her patients. Additionally, she has certification in the Femtouch Laser rejuvenation for vaginal atrophy and mild stress incontinence.
- Dr. Zekman enjoys spending time and traveling with her active 3 boys and husband. Fitness is very important to her, and she particularly loves being active in the outdoors.
CAITLYN KLASKA M.D.
- Dr. Klaska is an OB/GYN affiliated with Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI. Dr. Klaska graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Science with Distinction in Cellular and Molecular Biology. She attended Wayne State University School of Medicine and graduated with High Distinction in 2014. She completed her residency in OB/GYN at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI. Her special interests include adolescent GYN health care, high risk pregnancies, and urogynecology, though she enjoys all aspects of general obstetrics and gynecology practice. In her free time, she enjoys hiking and traveling with her husband, DIY projects, and baking.
EMILY STRANG N.P.
- Emily Strang is a board certified Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. She has a Bachelor degree in Biomedical Sciences from Western Michigan University and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Northern Kentucky University. She obtained her Masters degree in Nursing at the University of Cincinnati.
- Emily worked in several areas as a nurse and has found a real passion in women's health. She is interested in caring for women in all phases of their lives, with a special interest in well women care, contraceptive counseling and reproductive health.
- Emily is married with a son. She enjoys cooking with her husband, hiking, attending music concerts and being with family and friends. She likes to relax with a good book or movie.
KAYLA JELINEK D.O
- Dr Jelinek is originally from Rochester, MI. She attended Michigan State University and completed a Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences, a Minor in Spanish, and a Specialization in Bioethics. She received her medical degree from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2016 and completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI. She was awarded the "Outstanding Minimally Invasive Surgery Resident" award from the Society of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeons. Dr. Jelinek has special interests in minimally invasive and robotic surgery, as well as high risk obstetrics. In her free time, she enjoys the outdoors and traveling with her husband.