ABRAHAM BABAOFF, M.D.
- Abraham Babaoff, M.D. has been in practice for over 35 years and is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has been affiliated with William Beaumont Hospital and The Berry surgical Center for 35 years. He completed his residency at Sinai Grace Hospital in Obsetrics and Gynecology and graduated from Tehran University of Medical Sciences in 1967.
- Dr. Babaoff is one of the physicians whom started what is now Michigan Womens Health.
- Special interests include minimally invasive surgery and female urologic and pelvic relaxation problems and laser surgery. He is fluent in French and Persian. He spends his free time exercising and traveling with his wife.
HAMID BANOONI, M.D.
- Hamid Banooni, M.D. has been in practice for over 25 years and is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has been affiliated with William Beaumont Hospital and The Berry Surgical Center for more than 25 years. He graduated from Wayne State University in 1988 and completed his residency at Sinai Hospital of Detroit in 1992. His Special interests include minimally invasive surgery, including out-patient hysterectomies and female urologic and pelvic relaxation problems.
- Dr. Banooni also has more than 10 years experience in aesthetic medicine. He is certified in both Botox and filler facial treatments.
- He is fluent in Farsi and Hebrew.
- He has been elected multiple times by his peers as a TOP DOC and as a Best Doctor in America. His patients elected him as a Most Compassionate Doctor.
- In his free time, he plays squash, spends time outdoors or “hangs out” with his 3 boys and his partner in life and work, Dr. Charfoos.
STEPHANIE BREINING N.P.
- Stephanie Breining, N.P. is a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. She completed her Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from The University of Michigan and her Masters of Science in Nursing from Wayne State University. She is board certified as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner through the National Certification Corporation (NCC). She has worked in women's health for the last 10 years. Her special interests include family planning, infertility, and preventative care/education for women across their life span.
- She is married with 2 daughters.
NEIL A. BRICKMAN, M.D.
- Neil Brickman, M.D. has been in practice since 1997. He is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He graduated from Wayne State University School of Medicine in 1993 and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Oakwood Hospital in 1997. He is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak and The Berry Surgical Center. He has been delivering babies for over 20 years including high risk pregnancies. He takes care of women throughout their life span, from the teen years through menopause. His interests include in-office procedures, including endometrial ablations. He is a accomplished laparoscopic surgeon. When Dr. Brickman is not in the office he is spending time with his wife, 3 daughters and 3 “furry” babies.
DEBORAH A. CHARFOOS, M.D.
- Deborah Charfoos, M.D. has been in practice since 1993 when she completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sinai Hospital of Detroit. She graduated from Wayne State University School of Medicine in 1989 and prior to that from The University of Michigan with a B.S. in Psychology. She has also been chosen as a Top Doc more than once by her peers.
- Dr. Charfoos is an expert Davinci Robotic Surgeon, performing minimally invasive hysterectomies and other procedures.
- Her interests include menopausal treatment, including certification in Femtouch Laser rejuvination for vaginal atrophy and mild stress incontinence. She also treats many adolescents and helps to make their first gynecologic visit stress free.
- In her free time she enjoys quiet time at home with her 3 boys, 2 cats and her husband/partner, Dr. Banooni.
DAVINCI ROBOTIC SURGEON
ANDREA EISENBERG, M.D.
- Andrea Eisenberg, M.D. has been in practice for over 24 years and is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She graduated from Wayne State School of Medicine in 1989 and completed her residency at Sinai Hospital in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1993. She is affiliated with William Beaumont Hospital which now includes the ability to deliver at the Karmanos Natural Birth Center. Her special interests include minimally invasive surgery, infertility, adolescence and menopause. She is also certified in using FemTouch laser for vaginal atrophy and dryness, incontinence, and cosmetic uses. In her free time, she is a guest blogger on KevinMD as well as having her own blog www.secretlifeofobgyn.wordpress.com . In addition, she is an avid runner, having completed many marathons as well as coached runners through Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
JOANNE A. SANDLER M.D.
- Joanne Sandler-Stewart, M.D. attended the University of Michigan School of Nursing, and graduated with a BSN in 1989. She practiced as a registered nurse at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, in their mother-baby unit. She went on to get her medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine, in Detroit, Michigan, graduating in 1994. She completed her OB/GYN residency at Sinai Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, in 1998. Since completing her residency, she has worked at Michigan Women’s Health Institute in West Bloomfield, as well as Clawson, Michigan. Dr. Sandler-Stewart is affiliated with William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan.
- Dr. Sandler-Stewart has always had a strong desire to work in women’s health, dating back to her nursing school days. While raising 4 children, she has worked as a full-time OB/GYN, and carried out all aspects of women’s health. Recently however, her focus has shifted from Obstetrics and Gynecology, to Gynecology and Menopausal Medicine. After experiencing some of her own health issues that were not able to be adequately treated with conventional medicine alone, Dr. Sandler-Stewart started pursuing other aspects of integrative medicine. Dr. Sandler-Stewart was determined to find alternative approaches with not only some of her own health issues, but some of her friends and family members as well, who were not getting adequate relief through conventional medicine. She went on to receive fellowship training in Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy as well as Regenerative Medicine. A large part of her practice now focuses on treating hormonal imbalances leading to PMS, Perimenopausal, and Postmenopausal symptoms. Dr. Sandler-Stewart focuses not only on Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy , but also hormonal optimization and alternative treatment options for a variety of women’s health needs.
SAKINA HAKIM, M.D.
- Sakina Hakim, M.D. has been in practice for over 20 years and is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She has been affiliated with Beaumont Hospital for 20 years and also performs surgery at The Berry Surgical Center. She completed her residency at Nassau County Medical Center and Sinai Grace Hospital in Obstetrics and Gynecology and graduated from Aga Khan University Medical College in 1992.
- She is fluent in Hindi, Urdu and some Arabic.
- Special interests include minimally invasive surgery, treatments of infertility and exercise and nutrition in women. She also manages all pregnancies and delivers in the Karmanos Natural Birthing Center at Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital. In her free time she is an avid exerciser. She is married with 2 sons.
RENEE HOROWITZ, M.D.
- Renee Horowitz, M.D., F.A.C.O.G., has been a board certified obstetrician and gynecologist for 33 years. She practices general obstetrics and gynecology with a special interest in menopausal medicine ,the issue of hormones and how it relates to women especially in relation to their sexual health.
- As an ardent advocate for women’s health, Dr. Horowitz has long felt that many in the medical field, while superb clinicians, do not have the interest or adequate time with their patients addressing and treating the sensitive issues of sexual dissatisfaction and sexual dysfunction. She has made it her goal to provide a place where women can feel safe discussing their private concerns related to their sex lives and provide medical solutions to ease or eliminate their problems.
- She has been featured in Good Housekeeping, along with Hour Detroit, Detroit FreePress, My Magazine as well as being a frequent contributor on Fox 2 News.
- A Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a member of the American Medical Association, the American Medical Women’s Association, the International Society of Sexual Medicine and the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, Dr. Horowitz is affiliated with the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak.
HAROLD R. LEACH, M.D.
- Harold Leach, M.D. has been in practice since 1978. He has been Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology since 1980. He graduated from Wayne State University School of Medicine in 1974. He then completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sinai Hospital of Detroit in 1978.
- Dr. Leach is one of the physicians whom started what is now Michigan Womens Health. He currently practices gynecology using his years of wisdom and expertise to treat women throughout their entire lives. His gentle and caring nature makes him a favorite physician.
ESTHER ZEKMAN, D.O.
- Esther Zekman, DO, FACOOG has been in practice since 2006. She graduated from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in 2002, and did her residency at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland in Pontiac. She served as chief resident her senior year. She received her BS in Biology and minor in Neurosciences from Colorado State University in 1997.
- Dr. Zekman is an expert minimally invasive surgeon, and is a trained DaVinci Robotic Surgeon.
- She provides complete obstetric and gynecologic care, and enjoys taking care of women in all stages of life. As an osteopathic physician, Dr. Zekman has a holistic approach to treating her patients. Additionally, she has certification in the Femtouch Laser rejuvenation for vaginal atrophy and mild stress incontinence.
- Dr. Zekman enjoys spending time and traveling with her active 3 boys and husband. Fitness is very important to her, and she particularly loves being active in the outdoors.